Do you ever feel like you’re not as sharp or as quick as you used to be? Do you have concerns about your memory, clarity of thought or ability to pay attention? At the Wellness Institute of the Americas, we use a holistic, science-based approach to enhance the cognitive performance and brain function of our patients, even as we improve their overall health and well being.
First we get the total patient picture, in terms of genetics, biological strengths and vulnerabilities, lifestyle factors and family history. Next, we create a plan to help our patients avoid the many chronic health problems that lead to declines in brain health and function. Finally, we help our patients address other challenges that can leave them vulnerable to cognitive decline, including hormonal changes, stress, sleeplessness, poor nutrition and insufficient exercise.
In this way, we guide our patients towards lifestyle choices and biologically-based interventions that will protect and enhance their cognitive function and performance for many years to come. Depending on each patient’s unique profile, some of the approaches we may suggest include:
- Dietary interventions: Using information from your genetic, biological and environmental (lifestyle) profiles, we will help you improve your brain health through enhanced nutrition. We will focus especially on how diet can be used to prevent chronic diseases, such as Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease, which are known to reduce cognitive performance and mental acuity.
- Exercise and fitness: In a similar manner, we will take a closer look at your fitness regime or lack thereof. From there, we will use your genetic and biological profile, as well as your lifestyle preferences, to create a workout plan that will maximize your health even as it keeps you – and your brain – more fit and sharp.
- Natural hormone replacement: For those patients who are experiencing andropause or menopause, memory decline is quite common. We will use natural hormone replacement therapy to replenish depleted hormone levels and to relieve cognitive symptoms such as memory loss.
- Supplementation: Depending on your genetic profile, you may or may not be absorbing key vitamins at the levels needed for optimal brain health. These vitamins (including the B vitamins, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D, for example) are essential to preserving and enhancing brain function. We will create a supplementation plan to address any deficiencies.
- Cognitive training: Depending on your diagnostic results, we may also recommend brain training or brain exercises to improve memory, attention, problem-solving and more.
- Stress management: Stress and anxiety can also undermine cognitive performance. Through diverse interventions such as cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic therapy, neurolinguistic programming, hypnotherapy, and /or meditation, we will help you choose the best intervention to relieve the stress that can undermine cognitive health and performance.
- Insomnia management: As we age, both changes in our bodies and increases in stress can affect our sleep, leading to insomnia. Lack of sleep, like stress, has a detrimental effect on cognition. At the Wellness Institute of the Americas, we first help our patients identify the underlying cause of insomnia. Then we develop a treatment plan to end sleeplessness and improve sleep quality, which in turn leads to improved memory and mental acuity.
If you want to preserve, protect or enhance the functioning of your brain, please contact us. We will create a program based on your unique profile. What’s more, we are confident you will see amazing results. In before and after in-clinic testing, all of our patients have seen improvements in their cognition and memory, many of them markedly so. So please call or write us for a consultation today.
Wellness Institute of the Americas
Find us on Facebook
Dr. Demos is very astounding! Very happy to have gone.
I've been a patient of Dr Remos for over 3 years and his level of care is second to none.
Dr. Juan Remos and his staff at the Wellness Institute of the Americas have been exceptionally helpful and professional. The treatments Dr. Remos has specified for me started producing results within 5 days. I highly recommend Dr. Remos and the Wellness Institute to anyone who wants to feel better and perform all aspects of their lives at a higher level.