Enhance your mood holistically
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to become overwhelmed, anxious and/or chronically stressed. Yet, there is a choice. We don’t have to succumb to negative feelings and their ill effects. With the right guidance, all of us can improve our mood and sense of well being by understanding and then acting on our unique biological and environmental profiles.
At the Wellness Institute of the Americas, we use a multi-faceted, holistic approach to get at all the factors that may be influencing our patients’ emotional health. We then use that information to create an action plan to improve health, reduce stress and help our patients feel more ready to take on the world.
Our approach begins with a thoughtful and thorough look at each patient’s genetic profile, hormone levels, nutrition, gut flora and biological response to medication, as well as lifestyle, life circumstances and family history. Once we examine the patient through these different filters and integrate the results, we then build a detailed, multi-faceted program to improve that patient’s mood and increase his or her sense of well being.
Depending on the patient’s unique circumstances and medical profile, some of the biologically-based interventions we may recommend include:
- Replenishing depleted hormone levels through natural hormone replacement therapy with the goal of increasing energy, reducing irritability and decreasing the many negative side effects of menopause and andropause
- Improving the health of the colon and gut through diet, probiotics, exercise and colonics. Increasingly, the scientific evidence suggests a strong connection between the gut and the brain with floral imbalances leading to increased anxiety, among other problems
- Creating an individualized diet and supplementation plan, particularly if a patient is genetically vulnerable to the poor absorption of vitamins and nutrients that are essential to brain health or has food sensitivities that can trigger problems in the gut /brain
- Guiding the patient through an individualized detoxification program designed to purge fatty tissues of accumulated toxins that can affect mood, such as pesticide residues, food additives and other chemicals / free radicals
- Managing the patient’s medication in a way that considers his or her unique genetic response to pharmaceuticals, especially to antidepressants and other mood-stabilizing drugs.
- Suggesting a suitable fitness program
In addition to these biologically-based treatments, we also offer psychological interventions that can enhance mood and help our patients cope with environmental stressors, as well as traumatic events from the past. These interventions may include, among others:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help patients change negative or self-defeating thought and behavior patterns
- Psychodynamic Therapy to help patients to increase self awareness by surfacing and examining unresolved emotional issues from the past
- Hypnotherapy to help patients access, address and correct negative behaviors learned in response to a past traumatic event
Wellness Institute of the Americas
Find us on Facebook
Dr. Demos is very astounding! Very happy to have gone.
I've been a patient of Dr Remos for over 3 years and his level of care is second to none.
Dr. Juan Remos and his staff at the Wellness Institute of the Americas have been exceptionally helpful and professional. The treatments Dr. Remos has specified for me started producing results within 5 days. I highly recommend Dr. Remos and the Wellness Institute to anyone who wants to feel better and perform all aspects of their lives at a higher level.